I don’t know who doesn’t love a quick dinner. Especially a simple one full of nutrition.
What I really love about this recipe is how easy it is to adjust. No white beans, use black. No kale? Try collard greens.
Braised White Beans and Kale
½ small onion
2 cloves garlic
1-2 bunches kale
2 cans white beans (or 3 cups if homemade)
1 cup vegan chicken flavored broth
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Sea salt and pepper
1. Saute onions until softened.
2. Add garlic and cook 30 secs-1 min.
3. Add in kale, white beans, broth, and vinegar.
4. Simmer partially covered until kale is softened and liquid has reduced.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
Also great to add in: shitake mushrooms and pepitas sprinkled on top.